Hi Gold Class, Watch this video about a silly caterpillar with too many shoes! I really love the ending! Let me know what you think... From Persia :)
Caterpillar Shoes is a story about a caterpillar. He is very hungry, all he does all day is walk and eat and walk and eat. On every pair of feet, a pair of tiny shoes he wears!
This is a great home learning resource from the Literacy Shed that supports literacy, maths and science. Visit https://www.literacyshed.com/caterpillar-shoes.html#
Send me photos of any activities that you do! Here are some ideas:
- Retell the story using a story map with pictures and words
- Write a fact file for each of the creatures
- Write an information report about a mini beast
- Design a pair of shoes for a mini beast
- Write your own mini beast story
- Create insect poems
- Draw or paint insects
- Create mini-habitats in shoe boxes
- Create diagrams to sort the creatures. You could sort them by the number of legs and wings, flying or non-flying, or by habitat
- Order the creatures - first - last, by number of legs and wings, size
- Create symmetrical patterns
- Subtraction - as he gives away the shoes
- Counting in twos
- Can you make any 'groups of'?
- Can you create a number story?
- Study the life cycle of butterflies
- Minibeast studies