All staff and visitors have a responsibility for safeguarding our pupils. To ensure this we ask the following:
- Switch off your mobile phone/device and store it in your bag.
- In the event you do need to use your mobile phone or camera enabled device, please do so in an area that is not accessed by the children, this includes corridors. Such places could be in one of the offices or in the staff room.
- Do not take pictures, videos or sound recordings of any pupils unless you have sought permission from the SLT.
- If you are working with a child, please ensure the class teacher is aware of this, where you are working and approximately how long for.
- If you are working with a child, please do so in a space that is open, or have an open door or visible by others through a window.
- If you have a concern about a child please pass this on to the child's class teacher, who will then follow our safeguarding procedures. If they are not available, please speak with the Designated Safeguarding Lead (John Musgrave Bolanos - Headteacher) or Deputy DSLs (Dawn Pritchard and Kieran Baker - Assistant Headteachers).
- If you have a concern about another adult in school, please ask to speak to a member of the SLT.
- Always share concerns with school staff, no matter how small they may appear, and don't keep them to yourself.
- If a child says something to you that you think could be a safeguarding concern, act as above, and if possible write down what was said immediately. Listen to the child, do not question them or promise them that it will remain confidential between the two of you.
Mobile devices must only be used in the staffroom or school office.
John Musgrave Bolanos
Assistant Headteacher | Maths
Assistant Headteacher | EYFS lead