18th-24th May 2020 is Mental Health Awareness Week and this year the theme is: Kindness
During this difficult time it is more important than ever to look after our mental health and to be kind to one another. Recognising and celebrating kindness around us and in our community at this time supports good mental health.
Share some kindness! Do you know someone who has been kind? Award them a kindness cup:Create-your-own-Kindness-Cup
Top tips for looking after your mental health:
- Talk! It's normal to feel worried and confused right now but dont bottle up those feelings!
- Plan! Keep busy by planning your day. Include activities you enjoy and are relaxing.
- Move! Good mental health is connected to physical health - keep your body moving and your mind smiling!
- Sleep! Adults should sleep 7-9 hours a night and children 9-11 hours each night!
- Smile! Happiness can be spread. Sharing smiles and doing small acts of kindness can make a huge difference!
Read the digital book below from Nurse Dotty:dave-the-dog-coronavirus-1-1
Use the links below to access further resources: